Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Dusty Attic - Altered Christmas Bauble

Hi everyone!

Dropping in today to share a bauble that I altered using Dusty chipboard. I purchased this large clear plastic bauble from Woolworths, it did have coloured pompoms inside but I pulled off the top and removed them as I wanted it to be entirely clear and empty.

'Reindeer Bauble'


I am not a glittery person so I chose to use Finnabair silver and gold waxes to colour the chipboard once attached to the bauble. I really do love how it turned out.

So I went through all of my chipboard stash to find chipboard pieces that i thought had a bit of a Christmas feel to them and made a start.

For the main piece to wrap the bauble I chose to use the Lacy Pendant Drops chipboard, its design is just beautiful. As this didnt quiet reach around the bauble entirely I also used the large chippy piece from the Fleur de Lis set on the back of the bauble. Do not try to fold these pieces while they are dry as they will break, you will need to wet the chipboard and then carefully mold to the bauble.


On the chipboard chain pieces I attached pearls of different size to give a little dimension to the chippy. I love the extra detail that it gave to the overall effect of the bauble. I attached some of the smaller dusty stars from the Star #1 set to where the pendant drops were for added interested.


As I love cogs and I could not resist using the some stars from the Industrial stars set, the larger ones feature cogs while the smaller ones have a wire feel to them. I attached 2 of the smaller stars to the sides of the bauble while the larger star was used as a main feature on the front of the bauble.


I attached a large Dusty Reindeer to the front of the bauble which gave the bauble a lovely Christmas feel.



I then added some chain and a touch of bling to finish off the bauble.

Dusty Attic
Materials List
DA1280 Fleur de Lis
DA1372 Lacy Pendant Drops
DA9330 Stars #1
DA1541 Industrial Stars
DA0768 Reindeer #2

Other
961459 Heavy Gesso - Black
963958 Finnabair Metallique Wax - Vintage Gold
963996 Metallique Wax - Old Silver
Chain
Pearls

Joanne
xx

1 comment:

Lisa Landry said...

Really, really artistic and creative! They are beautiful!